This month’s Birchbox theme is “Lighten Up.” The time during Summer when we’re trying to do anything to keep us cool.
- ModelCo Shimmer Bronzer - Out of everything that came in my box this month, I was most excited about this. It’s the only makeup product! It’s a lightweight pressed powder that gives skin a natural-looking glow with a hint of shimmer. I’ve already used this once and I quite like it.
- Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow - A multi-tasker from the Chicago-founded brand rich in antioxidants and hydrating aloe. A dime-sized amount over clean skin and blended thoroughly works for all skin types. Personally, I feel like I need more coverage than a BB Cream can provide. However, this does work as a base.
- Not Soap, Radio Happiness Inducing Body Wash - This aromatherapeutic cleanser will brighten your outlook while you lather. Paraben-free. I’ve never been too fond of lemon scents because they remind me of cleaning products but this body wash smells amazing! I was a little disappointed though when I opened up my box and some had leaked out.
- Acure Organics Brightening Facial Scrub - Paraben-free, botanical-rich cleanser that gently exfoliates and boost’s skin’s radiance. Great for all skin types.
- Harvey Prince Ageless Perfume - I’m so over perfume samples! And I know that I specifically requested not to receive them anymore. I can’t complain too much about this fragrance though because the grapefruit-sandalwood blend actually smells really good. Maybe I’ll use this one.
That’s it this month. Under-whelming right? I completely agree. Which is why I have decided to cancel my Birchbox subscription. I just don’t feel like I’m getting what I want out my subscription. I was looking for more makeup products and I feel like all I get are skincare and haircare products. I’d rather save my money and spend it on makeup products that i really want.
I had $30 worth of Birchbox points to use up so I redeemed them for the Benefit They’re Real Push-Up Liner and a refill of Miss Jessie’s Jelly Soft Curls.
Farewell Birchbox, it’s been a fun ride.