How a Girl from California Packs for a Missouri Camping Trip
Every Summer, Scott and his family take a trip down to the Riverfront Campground to get away for a nice family vacation. I didn’t go with him last year but from what I here, it’s good times. I’ve never gone camping before so it’s definitely been nerve-racking for me to know what to expect. I know that we will sleeping in tents along the river, drinking beer, fishing, and floating down the river in rafts. It’s my first time so I refused to go in a canoe.
Once we set the dates for the trip and I got my time off approved from work, I started preparing a list of items that I knew I would need for my firstling camping/float experience and here they are:
- Floppy Hat - Since we’ll be outside all day, I wanted to make sure I had a big floppy hat to keep the sun off of my face and shoulders.
- Sunglasses - Gotta protect my eyes too you know.
- 2 Sets of Swimsuits - I’m packing a gray one I got from Gap, Inc. and one from Sun Diego by L*Space. I tried my best to look for a cute high-waisted bikini because that’s what I really want to pack but I couldn’t find one in time.
- 2 simple and effortless cover-ups - to wear over my swimsuits.
- Water Shoes - to protect my feet from rocks and other sharp things lurking in the river water. Not cute. I didn’t want to have to get them, but they’re extremely necessary.
- Merona Esma Braided Sandals in White - to wear when I’m not in the river.
- Poppytalk Thermos (not pictured) - I like having something like this to carry my water in. The best part is, it keeps cold beverages cold and hot beverages hot. I wish I could get the matching Stainless Steel Roasting Forks for roasting weenies and marshmallows.
- Banana Boat Sport Performance Coolzone SPF 50+ UltraMist Sunscreen - Definitely a MUST for the amount of time we’ll be spending outside.
- Off! FamilyCare Insect Repellent Smooth & Dry - I already get enough bug bites at home. Can you imagine how bad it will be once we’re camping? No, thank you.
- FUJIFILM QuickSnap Waterproof Disposable Camera - My first camping trip has to be documented and I don’t plan on bringing my iPhone with me on the river. I only get 27 exposures with this camera so I feel like it’s going to make me more conscious as to what I’ll be taking pictures of. Instead of going home with hundreds on my iPhone. Plus, I won’t get to see how they look until I get them developed! Just like the good ole days.
- Miss Jessie’s Jelly Soft Curls Gel - Since I obviously won’t be able to straighten my hair and I don’t want to wastes any of my time worrying about my hair. This will insure that it will remain frizz-free.
- Ban Total Refresh Cooling Body Cloths - These cloths have patented PowderSilk technology that leaves skin feeling soft and refreshed with a translucent, superfine powder so skin stays smooth and comfortable all day with no sticky residue. It gets pretty humid out here so these will keep me feeling dry and comfortable though out the day.
- Other necessary travel-sized toiletries (all found at Target): toothbrush holder (toothbrush not pictured), shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and toothpaste.
- Herschel Supply Co. Olive Polka Dot Duffle Bag - Lastly, a super cute duffle to pack everything into.
I do plan on packing more clothes but I didn’t feel the need to include it in my list because it’s pretty much a given. Most likely some tank tops and shorts. Also, you’ll notice that I’m not packing any of my makeup! I honestly don’t think that I need to wear makeup while camping. It’s not that serious, haha.
We leave Friday morning so I will be M.I.A all weekend! Wish me luck :) I’m going to need it…